Tucson, Arizona, Jan 18 (epa-efe).- The largest single contingent of asylum seekers ever to enter the United States was detained this week in Arizona, the US Border Patrol said Friday.
The arrest of the 376 undocumented immigrants, who come mostly from Central America, took place Monday.
The group includes 179 minors, 30 of them unaccompanied by a parent or an adult.
On Twitter, the Arizona office of US Customs and Border Protection released a series of videos where immigrants can be seen walking alongside the border barrier.
Other images show the migrants waiting in line to be processed by Border Patrol agents.
ABC News reported that the migrants tunneled under border fences near San Luis, Arizona. Once in US territory, they surrendered to the Border Patrol.
The mass crossing came during the fourth week of a partial federal government shutdown forced by President Donald Trump because Democrats in Congress refuses to approve funding for the construction of a border wall.
- Bolsonaro condecora a Netanyahu tras alianza inédita entre Brasil e Israel
- La izquierda de López Obrador y el PRI sellan una insólita alianza en México
- Errejón dice no temer represalias de Iglesias por su alianza con Carmena
- Madrid. el pp considera la alianza carmena-errejón un intento de "blanqueamiento" de podemos
- Asociación Industriales de P.Rico establece alianza con Puerto Rico Open golf